If you have yet to visit the new lululemon store at 318 Queen St. W in Toronto, I suggest you do so when you’ve got a few hours to spare – trust me, you’re not gonna want to leave! Just this weekend I attended the much-awaited opening launch event to peruse the space and celebrate with my fellow Toronto creatives.
What I love so so much about the space is that it flows from a boutique, to a yoga space, to a workspace, to a multimedia centre, to an open marketplace for local vendors to sell stuff like cold pressed juice and the perfect cup of cold brew – which, you’re going to need in between yoga sessions (sign up for classes here), raw cooking tutorials and shopping the latest pieces from lululemon’s Fall collection.
For the women’s fall collection, lululemon looks through the lens of function meets beauty. The focus is on craftsmanship that contoures the body.
The cuts are modern, and the prints are graphic. I love the “distorted tradition” that was the inspiration for their print and textures this season. You’ll see the clash of print on print with menswear inspired textures and geometrics, overlayed with paisley florals and abstract camo print. Fitness classes, brace yourselves.
Ok, I’m seriously obsessed with the new store.
The party was no exception to the amazing strides lululemon is making in the creative community. Not just a fitness apparel brand, lululemon is redefining what it means to be a lifestyle brand. Being really perceptive about the way Torontonians live their day-to-day, lululemon has created a space that reflects this. Yeah, we love to work (hence, the free workspace with couches, WiFi and natural light), but we also love to chill out (hence, the attic yoga studio) and we love to do all those things with style – that’s where cool apparel like the new Wunder Under jacquard knit leggings come in. I am living in them lately.
You don’t have to be an athlete to live a fitness-inspired lifestyle. As you know, yoga is integral to my existence, even if sometimes I can’t get to the studio as often as I’d like. I really feel like just wearing fitness clothing affects the way I move in my daily activities – I feel more graceful; my movements are more purposeful when I’m running around the city in leggings and a sports bra.
As I mentioned in my Instagram stories, the party was a private soiree for media and friends, but if you spent the night with your face pressed against the store window trying to catch a glimpse of me in my new Wunder Under leggings (who can blame you!), I’ve compiled a list of 10 Things You Missed at the lululemon party:
- Me in my lululemon Wunder Under leggings. Duh.
- Liz Trinnear and me, after she bought the same Wunder Under jacquard leggings.
- The crew: Daniel Ocean, Sara Koonar, Dustin Aalders, and me, again.
- Toronto Life’s Best Dressed Stella Alexandru and her BFF in Gucci, Dag Larsen.
- 416 Snackbar mind-blowing sliders, which I ate all night.
- Art installations by Ashley Perez x Alex Kell (pro dancers and lululemon employees); graffiti work by Greetings Tour; Biology inspired art by Radha Chaddah; and a Heart of the City photography exhibit by Adeyemi Adegbesan.
- The coolest custom canvas bags by Apolis for Old Faithful Shop that say Toronto, Canada. Perfect for showing your Toronto pride.
- Artists doing live paintings on canvas throughout the night.
- DJ AFTR FIVE spinning the best songs, ever, while media darlings like Janna Zittrer, Amanda Lao, Mel Ashcroft, and others took selfies in the photo booth AKA “The Trailer” and shopped til they dropped.
- THE BEST TIME EVER ON A SUNDAY NIGHT. Legit, cannot wait until they throw another party. They’re throwing another one soon….. right?!?!
My movements are way more graceful in leggings and a sports bra too! Great post, see you at the next one
LOL dying of laughter!!! Your next OOTD better include a sports bra. xoxo J
Rock that athleisure look! I like Lululemon on others, but I’m more of an Athleta gal with their cozy knits for myself. And by that I mean “aspiring” because shizz is $$$.
Love the hair too!
Thanks Jocellyn! So nice to hear from you over here!
Just had to google Athleta! Had never heard of it. Classic pieces.